Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Musical Episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer is on!!! Awesome-ness.

So as I've said a gajillion times already (ha), I am an avid reader.
The past few weeks I've read a crazy amount of books (I need to start going to the library & save myself some money)! Anyhow, I thought I would share a few good reads with you all. I want to spread this out a bit more this way it's not crazy long.

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
This book has a sequel out right now and a third book coming out a bit later in 2011. I've read the second one as well and I thorougly enjoy this series. I tend to enjoy younger material more for whatever reason but yeah. This book is basically about friendships that begin to change and it develops into a love triangle that not everyone knows exists. Belly, the main character, every summer goes to Cousins Beach with her mother & brother and her mom's best friend who has two sons. The older one, Belly has always been in love with and the younger one who has always been her best friend. Things change this summer though because Belly has grown into herself and is gorgeous. It's definitely a great book and a lot deeper than I thought it was going to be.


Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
This is the third and final book of the Hunger Games Series (Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and finally Mockingjay). This is probably in my top three favorite series. I really don't want to give a small sample of this book because you need to start with the Hunger Games but believe me you'll be glued to these books!


I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
This is one of those books that I thought was going to be too young and kind of immature but I find the series wonderful and am so excited for the 5th book to come out in 2012 (boo). There are 4 books out right now and they're uber cheap so that's a def. perk! This book is about a girl named Cammi who goes to a school that is supposedly for rich girls but in all actuality is a school for female spies. She has two very different best friends, a mother who's an ex-spy and the headmistress, and a whole lot of drama lying ahead of her (including a crush who doesn't know she's a spy). It makes me think of Nancy Drew sort of but better. It's just so cool truthfully (I mean spy classes, hello)!


Deception: A Haunting Emma Novel
This book for me, started off a bit eh but I ended up liking it. I love mystery books and that's exactly what you get when you read this. Emma's parents tell her they have to go somewhere and they end up disappearing. Weird things begin to happen but Emma tries to put it out of her mind. She becomes one of the in-crowd, throws a party, is betrayed by one of her new friends, and find herself in the hands of her new guardian Bennett Stern (who is her brother's ex best friend and the boy she's been in love with forever). Emma starts getting major deja vu and finally gets some answers for all the weird things that have happened to her since she was young.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

d