Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello 2011

Hi ladies!
I have not blogged in ages and that truly upsets me. I created this blog because I wanted to learn and talk about life and I've definitely neglected it from the get go. I'm a sporadic person and that clearly has reflected on my blog. So here's a new go at it. I can't promise a big change but I want to post and do this and that's a starting point.
2010 was a pretty hectic year for me and there were a lot of ups and downs.
- My mother and step-dad divorced and she moved in with me and my grandpa which is craziness at times but it's nice. We've definitely become closer and I'm really glad I can say that. I also see my brother and sisters a lot more now which is amazing.
- My boyfriend's mother passed away right before Christmas. She was very ill with cancer and it's such a loss. She was a beautiful person and I'm so lucky to have been able to know her.
- I finished up at the community college I was at and am now looking for a place to get my BFA at. I so badly just want to be done with school.
- I realized I need to start going out & having fun.
- My best friend in the entire world got married!
The year was a long one and I'm really ready to embrace a new me for 2011 and follow my resolutions for once.
2011 Resolutions:::
1) Get healthy!
I'm determined to lose weight this year. I'm not comfortable with myself and the only person that can change this is me. It's going to take time and some real lifestyle changes but I think for once I'm ready. I no longer want my weight holding me back or hurting me.
2) Save money
I am a terrible spender. I need to learn some responsibility when it comes to money and the real world and this year is the year it's going to happen. I'm not saying I won't splurge here and there but I need to get some funds saved up for sure.
3) Be more social
I have lovely friends that I adore but I have a terrible habit of not wanting to go out. Don't get me wrong, I love going out and having fun but most of the time I'd rather do things alone and/or sit in with Zach -- which is not a bad thing by any means but it seems I don't have a healthy balance of the two. I miss being the social butterfly I once was! This is not to say that I don't ever go out, I go out quite a bit but it's not on the same level that I once did. I also know that this makes my friends feel neglected by me and I don't want them feeling that way! I just need to divide up my time more wisely.
4) Blog more
I love reading blogs but I haven't felt like writing personally and I want to. I'm a very "out there" kind of person with a lot of interests and I want to be able to share my ideas and random happenings more often.
5) Be nicer
I'd like to think I'm a good person and I've always bent over backwards for the people in my life but sometimes I get a bit snarky. I tend to speak before thinking quite often and it doesn't always show my best side. I will ALWAYS think that honesty is the best policy but there's definitely some things that I should generally keep to myself.
And that's my list so far. I really want to make changes this year and I hope I do! This year is about being more peaceful and happy and making my life balanced.
What are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

d